Ed Specialist- Teacher Leader-Class AA
The Education Specialist degree is awarded in the fields of instructional leadership, elementary education, and teacher leader. Course requirements range from 30-36 semester hours of credit. 700-level courses are restricted to candidates admitted to the Education Specialist Program through the Office of Graduate Admissions. See specific program requirements.
Teacher Leader — Class AA
General Admission Requirements
- Valid master’s-level professional educator certificate in any teaching field or area of instructional support.
- Minimum GPA of 3.0 (4.0 scale) on all master’s-level coursework.
- Satisfactory completion of all testing requirements set forth by Alabama State Department of Education. Contact UNA certification officer for details.
- ASBI/FBI background clearance.
- Minimum of three full years of full-time teaching experience in a P-12 setting.
- Applicants who completed a Class A program other than one approved by the State Department of Education on or after September 8, 2005, must pass an interview conducted by a program admissions committee that includes both P-12 instructional leaders and instructional leadership faculty.
|EDS 701||Professionalism and Ethics in the School Culture||3|
|EDS 702||Applied Research I||3|
|EDS 704||Culturally Proficient Leadership||3|
|EDT/EDS 703||Digital-Age Leadership to Enhance Student Learning||3|
|EDS 709||Applied Research II||3|
|TL 710||The Teacher Leader||3|
|TL 712||Coaching and Mentoring for Teacher Leaders||3|
|TL 715||Curriculum Development for Teacher Leaders||3|
|or EDS 708||Advanced Curriculum Development|
|EEX 605||Survey of Students with Disabilities (if not previously taken)||0-3|
|EDS 705||NBPTS: Issues and Trends 1||0-3|
|Advisor approved graduate coursework||6|
Or, hold a National Board of Professional Teaching Standards Certification.