SACSCOC Credentials Guidelines:
1. Faculty teaching undergraduate general education and/or baccalaureate courses: Doctorate or Master’s degree in the teaching discipline or Master’s degree with a concentration in the discipline (a minimum of 18 graduate semester hours in the teaching discipline).
Does this faculty member hold a terminal degree in this discipline or a related field?
Additional Qualifications Complete this section to provide additional qualifications to meet the SACSCOC credentials guidelines. Identify all additional qualifications that apply and explain each item in the justification textbox. Indicate the dates of these additional qualifications and clearly describe the relationship between these qualifications and the course content and/or the expected outcomes of the course(s) assigned to faculty member. Supporting documents such as vita, copies of licenses and certificates, etc., should be submitted with this form by clicking the "attach file" link below. External validation of additional qualifications should be supported by these supplemental documents.
Students admitted as a Transfer Student or Former Student admit type with a Post Baccalaureate attribute who have indicated they are seeking a second degree, will be identified as such in Recruit and submitted to the registrar que in Recruit. A registration hold will be placed on the student’s records.
At this point, our office will initiate an online Second Degree Verification and Checklist form to the Associate Dean and the Department Chair simultaneously. Instructions will be provided as to how the transcript of the initial degree can be accessed in BDM. Former student’s transcripts can be accessed in the Advisor tab via Portal.
(Does COAD want to include an expected TAT?)
Once the Department Chair receives the form they will confirm/provide the following:
• Confirm that a second bachelor’s degree is a better option than a master’s degree.
• Confirm that the major for the Second Degree being sought is indeed different from the major of the initial degree.
• Identify any Area V Gen Ed requirements that should be force closed on Degree Works from the previous degree awarded.
• Identify any courses deemed to be equivalent from the initial degree as waivers for the major component that need to be forced closed on Degree Works.
• Provide a list of classes that will make up the 32 hours of distinct upper level hours. (This is just a list, not a plan of study. It will be the student’s responsibility to work with the advisor on when these classes will be scheduled).
When the department chair completes the form, it will be submitted to the Associate Dean for their review/approval. When the Associate Dean approves, the form will go to the Registrar’s Office for processing. The Registrar will force close in Degree Works any courses identified by the Department Chair, will remove the registration hold, and will put a notation on the student’s UNA transcript of the initial degree earned, the institution where it was earned, and the conferral date. The completed form will be placed into the student’s permanent digital record and all parties, including the student, will receive a copy of the completed form.