First Time Freshman Early Admission (EAdm) Option
The Anderson College of Nursing and Health Professions (ACONHP) will offer early admission (EAdm) to a select group of highly qualified high school seniors who plan to seek a career in nursing. Applicants must be admitted to UNA and apply for the EAdm option by February 1. This select group of students will be guaranteed admission into the traditional nursing option as long as all requirements are met. A dedicated nursing advisor will be assigned to all EAdm students to help them develop a course schedule each semester. Meeting the minimum requirements does not guarantee admission into the EAdm option.
EAdm Admission Requirements
- Students must apply for and be accepted into the University Honors Program;
- Minimum high school GPA requirement of 3.5, based on a 4.0 system at the time of application;
- Admitted and enrolled full-time in courses at UNA, by the fall semester immediately following high school graduation;
- Complete an EAdm application for the ACONHP, located on the ACONHP website by February 1;
- Along with the EAdm application, students must submit an essay (see EAdm application for details).
Requirements for EAdm Students
Students selected for the EAdm option must complete all pre-requisite nursing coursework listed in the UNA Undergraduate Catalog while maintaining a cumulative GPA of 3.5 or higher. Additionally, students must complete the requirements listed below to be guaranteed early admission placement.
- Maintain good standing in the University Honors Program;
- Meet with assigned advisor at least once per semester;
- Be continuously enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours each semester, (excluding summer);
- Make acceptable progress with expected date of entry into the traditional nursing option in 4-5 semesters, (excluding summer);
- Meet all current nursing application requirements;
- Students must complete an application for the traditional nursing option to the ACONHP during the last semester (fall or spring) of their prerequisite coursework;
- If students maintain a 3.5 cumulative GPA at the time of application, the entrance exam requirement will be waived. EAdm students who do not maintain the required cumulative GPA of 3.5 will be required to complete the entrance exam.
- If cumulative GPA is 3.25-3.49 during the application cycle, the EAdm student must take the entrance exam and pass by 85% minimum cumulative score to qualify for guaranteed placement.
Students who do not meet these criteria are eligible for admission, but will be placed in the general traditional application pool.
*Requirements and conditions are subject to change.