The University of North Alabama has identified five broad university goals that guide planning and resource allocation throughout the University. These goals are intended to be aspirations in that they are assumed to inspire, to guide, and to be on-going. Each university goal should result in a number of long-term and annual initiatives that support progress toward accomplishing the broader aspiration. The five university goals are:
- Build and Maintain a Student-Centered University.
- Build an Enriched Academic Experience.
- Enhance Programs that Distinguish the University.
- Promote an Inclusive Campus Environment.
- Support Regional Development and Outreach.