Post Masters Certificate Tracks
The post-graduate certificate pathway is designed for registered nurses currently possessing a master's degree in nursing who seek academic preparation in a new specialty or subspecialty area of advanced practice nursing. Post-graduate students can select any of the options offered by the program. Each certificate pathway is designed to be in compliance with national certification requirements, when applicable.
All courses are offered in the on-line format.
Requirements for Admission to the Post Graduate Certificate Tracks
1. Graduate of an approved and accredited master's or doctoral program with a major in nursing.
2. Current registered nurse licensure with no restrictions. Nurses with any restrictions on their license, including participation in a voluntary disciplinary alternative program, cannot be admitted.
3. A minimal graduate GPA of 3.0.
4. Submission of a resume which documents a minimum of 1 year of clinical experience.
5. After acceptance into the program, admission is contingent upon a negative drug screen, results of an acceptable background check, submission of health documents, and evidence of health insurance, for FNP track.
6. Meet all University graduate admission requirements.
7. Complete an application through the Office of Graduate Admissions.
Students will follow the progression policies for the MSN Pathway.
Program Completion Requirements for the Post Graduate Family Nurse Practitioner Certificate Tracks
Students are required to complete all Family Nurse Practitioner specialty courses and any support courses (Advanced Health Assessment, Advanced Pharmacology, and Advanced Pathophysiology) not previously completed. Official documentation of completion of these three classes within the past five (5) years with a grade of "B" or higher is necessary.