A summary of estimated expenses for students may be found on the Student Accounts Website. Residency determination and the application of out-of-state fees and tuition will be made in accordance with the laws of the State of Alabama Residents of Alcorn, Itawamba, Lee, Prentiss, and Tishomingo counties in Mississippi, and residents of Decatur, Giles, Hardin, Henderson, Lawrence, Lewis, Lincoln, Maury, McNairy, Perry, and Wayne counties in Tennessee will be allowed to attend the University at the same tuition rate assessed in-state residents. Active duty service members, their spouses, their dependents, and veterans that meet the requirements of Act 2013-423, as passed by the Alabama Legislature on May 20, 2013, may be eligible to receive a waiver of the non-resident tuition. For more information, contact the Business Office. To appeal a non-resident status, please contact the Registrar’s Office.
Tuition and fees are subject to adjustment without notice. Any check dishonored or returned by the payee’s bank is not considered payment.
Students are expected to meet all financial obligations when they fall due. It is each student’s responsibility to be informed of all payment due dates, deadlines, and other requirements by referring to official sources of university information such as the official Schedule of Classes, catalog, UNA email account, or information that is disseminated by other means from time to time. Delinquent accounts are subject to a late charge and disenrollment from the University. If a student wishes to be reinstated after disenrollment, a $75 reinstatement fee will apply in addition to the outstanding balance. Students owing charges for prior terms will not be allowed to register, receive a transcript, or receive any other services from the University until all prior charges are paid.
Collection costs or charges along with all attorney fees necessary for collection of any debt to the University will be charged to and paid by the debtor.
Any Federal Title IV financial aid recipients who withdraw on or after the official class begin date will be liable for any funds the University of North Alabama repays to the applicable federal program as a result of the withdrawal. These amounts will be charged back to the student’s financial account. University collection procedures will apply to recover these funds.
The following individuals shall be charged a rate of tuition not to exceed the in-state rate for tuition and fees purposes:
- Veteran using educational assistance under either chapter 30 (Montgomery G.I. Bill® – Active Duty Program) or chapter 33 (Post-9/11 G.I. Bill), of title 38, United States Code, who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence)
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 GI Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using benefits under the Marine Gunnery Sergeant John David Fry Scholarship (38 U.S.C. § 3311(b)(9)) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal State of residence).
- Anyone using transferred Post-9/11 G.I. Bill benefits (38 U.S.C. § 3319) who lives in Alabama while attending a school located in Alabama (regardless of his/her formal state of residence) and the transferor is a member of the uniformed service who is serving on active duty.
- The policy shall be read to be amended as necessary to be compliant with the requirements of 38 U.S.C. 3679 as amended.
Students utilizing VA education benefits shall not be charged a penalty, including assessment of late fees, denial of access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities, or be required to borrow additional funds because of the individual’s inability to meet their financial obligations due to the delayed disbursement of a payment to be provided by the Department of Veterans Affairs.
GI Bill® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA). More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official U.S. government Web site at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.