Accelerated Master's Program - Health and Human Performance
Through the Accelerated Master’s Program (AMP), students can:
Take up to 9 credit hours of approved graduate courses concurrently with undergraduate courses.
Substitute up to 9 credit hours of approved graduate courses (in place of undergraduate courses) toward completion of the undergraduate degree.
Requirements for Admission to the AMP in Health and Human Performance:
- *Completion of 60 or more hours toward undergraduate degree.
- Overall GPA 3.0 (4.0 scale) or higher in all undergraduate coursework at time of entry into AMP.
- A or B on all coursework in a Kinesiology (or acceptable) major.
- Favorable vote by Department of Kinesiology (two-thirds vote).
- Approval by Chair of Department of Kinesiology.
*Transfer students who have successfully completed at least 60 undergraduate hours are eligible after completing a minimum of 9 hours in a major offered in the Kinesiology Department.
Requirements for Continued Enrollment in the AMP:
- Students must maintain a 3.0 or higher with no grades lower than “C” in all courses following admission to the AMP.
- Enhanced credentials (accepted into and completed the UNA AMP).
- Students complete their Bachelor’s degree having already completed 3 - 9 credit hours applicable toward their Master’s degree.
- Students can complete the BS and MS degree in a total of 5 years.
Following approval into the AMP in Health and Human Performance, qualified students can take up to 9 hours from the following courses:
|HPE 503||Essentials of Prescribing Resistance Training||3|
|HPE 510||Health Promotion||3|
|HPE 596||Cardiopulmonary Rehabilitation and ECG Interpretation||3|
|HPE 600||Research Methods||3|
|HPE 638||Stress Management||3|
|HPE 639||Epidemiology and Prevention of Chronic Diseases||3|
|HPE 644||Integrative Health Coaching||3|
|HPE 670||Legal Issues and the Health and Physical Education Profession||3|
|HPE 675||Administration of Health and Physical Education Related Programs||3|